Learn why being a Soroptimist is so special
Why Become a Soroptimist?
Ask yourself a few questions:
- When you think of yourself as a woman, do you group yourself with just your culture, religion or race? Or do you see yourself as part of all women everywhere and from all backgrounds?
- Are you a professional women who wishes to improve the lives of women and girls in an atmosphere of support, friendship and fun?
- Are you looking to volunteer and make a difference in your community and the world at large?
Soroptimist is an international organization. Almost 100,000 Soroptimists in about 120 countries and territories contribute time and financial support to community-based and international projects benefiting women and girls.
With all good work, members share that they receive more then they ever give. They receive:
- Fulfillment - Working on projects that improve the lives of women and girls leads to personal satisfaction and recognition from the community.
- Friendship - Cultivating relationships with other women who have similar interests and values is a central aspect of Soroptimist membership.
- Diversity - Meeting and learning about women from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and participating in projects that address the needs of women throughout the globe.
- Networking - Associating with other women representing a variety of professions facilitates valuable business contacts.
- Leadership - Developing skills at the club level results in enhanced professional capabilities as well as leadership opportunities at all levels of the organization.
- Mentoring - Reaching out to women at the beginning of their professional lives provides an avenue for Soroptimist members to serve as mentors.
- Convenience - Belonging to an association with organized programs and professionally developed resources frees members from administrative constraints, while enabling them to concentrate on providing volunteer service.